Monday, June 16, 2008

My first day - 40 degrees, sun, and great food

Hey readers,

after a really convenient 10 hours flight I safely arrived in Oman. Coming out of the air conditioned airplanes I was directly hit by 30 degree heat wave and that at 23:30h. Imagine how hot it is during the day :-) Leaving the costumes I was warmly welcomed by some AIESEC members of the national team here in Oman and some from the UAE, They attended the AIESEC Oman national conference here.

The first night I stayed at the villa where the national committee members live. It's a huge house with several bedrooms and air conditions. This was a good place to take a rest.

Today, I was exploring the town a little bit. I had a nice breakfast together with the AIESECers from the United Arab Emirates and a girl from the US, and an even better lunch with all the other guys. You'll see some pictures of us eating rice and chicken with our hands soon :-)
Additionally, I bought a new sim card for my mobile phone. If you want to reach me, just dial

+ 968 96927316

the time difference is +2 hours. Tonight I'm going to meet the other trainees here, watch Germany vs Austria and move to the house where the other trainees live.

I hope you are all doing well and stay tuned for my next posts about my first day at PwC and our trip to Dubai :-)

Hajo

No comments: