Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My people :-)






Hi all,

what's happening?
Today I want to give you some ideas of the people I share my time with.

There are several groups.

Group 1: the other AIESEC interns
Group 2: the AIESEC Oman national committee
Group 3: the local AIESEC Oman members and their friends
Group 4: my colleagues at PricewaterhouseCoopers


The interns

The AIESEC interns are the guys a spent the most time with. These are John (US), Elina (US), Celeste (US), Mufaddal (US) and Mikael (FIN). Muff is working with me at PwC and the rest are working at the HSBC bank here in Muscat. After work we are doing mostly the following, get some food at some nice place (mendhi, shawarma, hommuz, foul, chineese :-) or we spent some time at home chatting and making plans or we go out to a bar or cafe and have some drinks and shisha and/or we meet with the Omanis and play football and other activities. At the weekend we usually go to some place around Muscat (Beach, Souq, Diving center, etc.) or go around the region (Dubai or some place in Oman). Sometimes AIESECers from other countries drop by and then we go our with them.
The interns are all cool people and it's really nice hanging out with and I'm glad enjoying my time with them.

AIESEC national team members
the national team here consists of Lynn, Brett, David and Kate (all from the US). I know Lynn from the International Presidents Meeting in Macedonia in February and he is actually one of the main reason why I came to Oman. Until August they have their office in our house so we see them every day. They often organise some activity for the weekends and they are really helpful
for daily matters. Along with them are Amy (US and Lynn's girlfriend) and Susi (Colombia and Brett's girlfriend).

The Omanis
So far I met quite a few. There are Ghassan, Adham, Yaseen, Jihad, Hassan, Ahmed, Janid, Asma, Hasna, Tamira, etc.. So, these people often join us for our activities and it's great to experience their culture. Tonight we are going to play football. I just hope that I don't make a fool out of myself :-) I also try to learn some Arabic from them. But as almost everyone can speak English here which is mostly business language as well, it is not so easy to continuously improve on that.


My colleagues
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures from them yet.
But there are really nice. I share the busines advisory office with Vidya (India) she is the one I"m working most closely with, Absher (Omani), Jocelle ( India), Ahmed (Egypt), Lina (Oman) and the director for busines advisory services Abdulelah Salih (Oman) and the new partner Susan Daniel (Iraq).


The the audit site of the office are many more people, but I would take too much time to list up all the names :-)

Take care

Hajo


No comments: